» Another RRA Tourney
by Boo's Bitch Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy

+2
Mороз Bовк
uK_Horror
6 posters

Go down

Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy Empty Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy

Post by uK_Horror Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm an event manager now and this will be my first post as one.
I have been working on an academy wide ELO system which will rank players by giving them an ELO rank, this will be treating as an on-going League separate from dorms and will not affect your dorm rank (like arena).

I will be using the ELO system for this and my reasons for doing so are as followed:

• Using an ELO system will be the fairest way to rank everyone considering long term ranking

• With the ELO system we can take into consideration the different decks people are playing and different tiers will be assigned to them

• Having an ELO system means people cant abuse the system by gaining a mass amount of ELO points by defeating lower skilled duellists, also, using an ELO system means you earn less for beating someone lower but more for an "upset win" where you beat a higher levelled opponent (Phantom we know you want your black and you get arena wins for beating lower skilled opponents LOL)

In my ELO system there will also be something called a "provisional rank" which will be assigned to new players who enter this ranked mode (at the start of the season everyone will be assigned this provisional rank). This basically means that there is a grace period, where a win loss average will be taken giving you a starting rank after 10 games or so (the period hasn’t been decided on yet)

As I said earlier the system will be fair, therefore a K constant will be decided for each deck (hybrid decks will always use the highest K constant possible) and a separate calculation will decide your K constant for the duel. The K constant used in ELO basically determines how much your rank will change, therefore if a crystal beast player defeats an ABC player, the K constant for the match will be very high resulting in the CB player to earn a lot more points and the ABC player to lose a lot more.

I would like to finish by explaining what an ELO system is; an ELO system is a ranking system that bases losses and wins on ranking prior to the duel, meaning higher ranking members risk more vs a lower ranking member. A win/loss will result in the winning player taking points away from the losing player. This means that there will be a finite amount of points but new points will be added when new players join.

I would also like to credit B@TMAN for helping me devise a fair system that will take into account many different things. The ELO system is still a working progress and I will need the input of drace along with B@TMAN to determine other factors. Anyone is welcome to add in their own ideas and I will take into consideration anything useful. Remember that this system is still in creation and I will need to assign a K constant to a lot of decks, and also test the system out so if i could have volunteers for the testing that would be great.

Last edited by uK_Horror on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hate how i didn't use caps for the first ELO and i did for every other ELO)
uK_Horror
uK_Horror

Raptor Points : 322

Back to top Go down

Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy Empty The Calculator

Post by uK_Horror Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Will be using this calculator to calculate the different ELO people gain after winning or losing:
http://www.3dkingdoms.com/chess/elo.htm
Tell me what you think about it and if you have no idea what this is then don't worry.
(I will be using the second calculator not the first)

Last edited by uK_Horror on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
uK_Horror
uK_Horror

Back to top Go down

Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy Empty Re: Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy

Post by Mороз Bовк Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:11 am

Great idea, but in practice how will you consistently manage this? Surely this will take up more work than you have time?
Mороз Bовк
Mороз Bовк

Raptor Points : 4

Back to top Go down

Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy Empty Re: Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy

Post by BOO Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:34 pm

league of legends wrote:giving you a starting rank after 10 games or so

where have I heard of this system before? lol

In all seriousness the only flaw I see in this is that you're representing K via an opinion, rather than any factual point.

K also seems rather linear atm. Youre saying strength of deck decides this, but is it fair that Blue eyes will (presumably) have a higher K than Buster blader despite that obviously bias matchup? Just a thought
BOO
BOO
Admin

Raptor Points : 3000

http://www.logans.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Duckymomo101 Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 pm

I think you are to lazy to make this work Smile
Duckymomo101
Duckymomo101

Raptor Points : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Atticus Rhodes Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:33 pm

boo wrote:

In all seriousness the only flaw I see in this is that you're representing K via an opinion, rather than any factual point.

K also seems rather linear atm. Youre saying strength of deck decides this, but is it fair that Blue eyes will (presumably) have a higher K than Buster blader despite that obviously bias matchup? Just a thought

yeah but that's the rock paper scissors nature of any card game, you don't know what your opponent is going to play. and you have a side deck to counter those situations, but even if you do come up against your counter 2/10 times, that still means the other 8 you have a better chance with, it should all kinda balance out, I mean that's how the meta works innit
Atticus Rhodes
Atticus Rhodes

Raptor Points : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by uK_Horror Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 pm

StressGx v2 wrote:
boo wrote:

yeah but that's the rock paper scissors nature of any card game, you don't know what your opponent is going to play. and you have a side deck to counter those situations, but even if you do come up against your counter 2/10 times, that still means the other 8 you have a better chance with, it should all kinda balance out, I mean that's how the meta works innit

yeh it will balance out, its the nature of the game, you will unforunaelty have some bad matchups, the K value system cant account for that
uK_Horror
uK_Horror

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:30 pm

i am working with uk on this system. i am there for advice.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Raptor Points : 60

Back to top Go down

Ranked ELO system for everyone in the academy Empty First version of the Tier List

Post by uK_Horror Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:54 pm

B@T and I created this tier list (mainly B@t)

Tier 1
1. Zodiacs
2. ABC
3. Blue Eyes
4. Metalfoes – Majispectre and Kozmos
Tier 2
1. PK Fire – Speedroid, Infernoids and Hero’s
2. Hero’s – Frogs
3. Mermails – Frogs
4. Zombie Lightsworn
5. Shaddoll Trains
Tier 3
1. Kozmos – Fire King
2. Dark Magician
3. D/D/D
4. Barrier Statues
5. Cyber Herald
6. Star Seraph Rituals
Tier 4
1. Qliphorts
2. Performal Magicians
3. Monarchs
4. Palezoic – Palzoic and Frogs
5. Tellarknights
6. PK Speedroid

We have made it so that an archtype may only have 3 sections for hybrids and these sections have to be backed up with evidence of their placements in regionals. Please give any suggestions.
uK_Horror
uK_Horror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down